Chef Hervé is taking you in his kitchen at home with this delicious summer recipe. Inspired from mediterranean flavours and great products from the Algarve, this vegetarian dish is easy to make and consensual.
2 big aubergines
3 to 4 garlic cloves
500 ml of homemade tomato sauce
250 g of parmesan cheese
oil for frying
salt for drying
Cut out the aubergines in slices of about 1 cm max without peeling them.
2. Leave them to dry with some coarse salt on for at least 1 hour.
3. Meanwhile, make the tomato sauce (don't be affraid to use a lot of oignons, thyme, garlic and basil, a bit of sugar to balance acidity and olive oil!) It needs to reduce quite a bit. It must be dark red and not liquid.
4. After resting, the aubergines must have given out water. Take out the salt and dry them with a tissue paper. Do not rince them.
5. In a large frying pan put some frying oil to heat. When it is hot enough, gently put the aubergine slices to fry on both sides. Be careful to remove th oil properly from each slice with absorbant paper.
6. Finaly, layer all the ingredients in a baking dish as shown in the video.
7. Bake for 20 mn at 200ºC then 10 mn at 160ºC.
Serve with pasta or rice or just a nice, fresh green salad.